Another Poem

11/20/10


You need to know; my child

how much you were desired.
That years and years of trying,
for your presence, were required..



I haven’t felt you kick yet,
or seen your beating heart.
But as sure as the sun rises;
I’ve loved you from the start.



I can’t wait to meet you
and see your precious smile;
then all the doctors, tests… and shots
will finally be worthwhile.



It takes so long; my child
until you can appear
but in my heart and in my dreams
you’re already here.



We only got the news today
that your life we did create.
So snuggle down within my womb
and I’ll hold you while we wait.



Patricia Gibson-Williams

2 comments:

  1. Thank-you for this! Your blog seriously helped me go through IVF and I'm now watching my sweet sleeping boy from our FET cycle. It wasn't how I imagined conceiving as a little girl but I'm so glad to be here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment. I'm so glad you got your miracle!! We're getting ready to do a FET cycle in the next month or so, and I'm terrified. But I just need to remember that At least I have my sweet girls... and if that's all I get, I need to be content with that. It's more than some get. :)

      Delete